Saturday, July 19, 2008

Updates

This was the most recent update that I posted on MySpace and I forgot to transfer it over to here as well. Not much else going on. We go again Monday to have his counts checked and see if they can increase his chemo again. But that is all.



Updates
Current mood: worried
Category: Blogging

Thankfully things have been going well here. Donavynn started this months steroid pulse on Monday and so far this time has been much better than the last. He is only on 50% of the normal dose of his chemo's because after they have been sick they have to slowly be brought back up to their full dose to prevent them from bottoming out. Clinic went well, his ANC was 1093. And he has had a great time lately. We have been very busy, outside swimming and playing with his friends Trinity and Conner, as well as his cousin Derek. Cheyenne is having a good summer as well. Today was a scary day for me though. She is staying with her grandmother and they called today to tell me that her grandmother is in the hospital with meningitis. So I have been a mess all day, but they called a little while ago to let me know that it is viral so all is good. I always miss her when she is away but I have never really worried too much when she is with her grandmother so this was really difficult for me. Thankfully from what I have been reading even if she gets the virus it is unlikely that she'll develop meningitis as well, it is more likely that it will manifest in some other way. She will be home in a month and I can't wait. This summer has gone by so fast but I can't believe there is still one month until she comes home.



Donavynn is looking forward to next month because he gets to go back to school. He really misses school!

In other news the fundraiser planning is going very well. We have a place - an awesome new indoor park, and Country Kitchen has donated all the food needed. We also have many great sponsors that have given us some cool items to raffle off, and my sister is buying the tshirts to sell. So it should be a good night. That is about all for now. Thankfully things have been pretty uneventful until today. Please say a prayer for Cheyenne's grandmother Chris that she gets better fast - her daughter is getting married on August 9th. And pray that Cheyenne continues to stay healthy. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket