Monday, March 24, 2008

Home From Clinic

We are finally home from clinic. Today went well, it was long but we expected that. He got his port accessed like an old pro and when I took him to the bathroom he said "Mommy, I like pokey's they don't hurt anymore!" I was amazed. And so proud of him and how he is so brave. After his LP I asked him how it went and if it hurt. I know that the versed makes him not remember so I expected him to say no, which he did but then he said "He didn't poke me mommy, he just touched my back" Good! This makes me feel so much better to know that he doesn't feel/remember any of those traumatic experiences. They are harder on me than they are on him and that is how I like it.
His ANC was 2100 which is a little higher than they like but he has had a cold so I'm guessing that is why. All of his other lab values were good. His hemoglobin was a touch low but that fluctuates so all is well. I must confess every lumbar day puts me on edge. So I'm glad that it is over.
Easter was very nice. We had a quiet day at home. The kids enjoyed their baskets and the Easter egg hunt. We are hoping that next year will be warmer so that they can do the hunt outside. But they enjoy it either way. :) I hope that everyone else had a nice day.

I guess that is all for now. I'll update again as soon as I can.

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket