Sunday, May 3, 2009

Extended Stay

So the weekend hasn't gone as planned.  For starters we knew there would be fevers but this time with the fevers came the vomit, so much so that today he had some blood in it from getting sick so much.  He has also had diarrhea today and the fevers don't want to stay away.  We are hoping now that he is done getting the chemo that they won't come back again, but he is currently down to 103 from 104.4.  The good news is that inspite of the fever he is feeling pretty good today. I was even able to get him up out of bed to play the Wii for awhile.  We were supposed to go home today but b/c of the fevers and vomiting they thought it better to keep him for an extra day.  I'm hoping that we'll be able to go home tomorrow.  This weekend was a rough one for the family back home too.  I haven't updated in so long I forgot that I hadn't filled you all in on the issues w/ the house recently.  We started by replacing the kids bathroom, and that was a nightmare as the further we got into the project the more we found that needed to be repaired.  After that our plumbing started backing up into the house.  Turns out we had tree roots growing into the main drain.  So the guys got the equipment needed and tore up our ENTIRE yard a couple weeks ago.  We thought that the problem was fixed... we were wrong.  So this weekend they decided that perhaps there was also a problem w/ the trap so they tore up 1/2 of our back porch. :( to get at that.  That didn't fix it so they had to tear up the yard AGAIN and found more roots further down the pipe that they weren't aware of before.  The upside is that it is now fixed.  That is just the tip of the iceberg w/ the what we have had to deal w/ w/ the house these last few months.  Hopefully we are almost done w/ the home repairs for awhile.  We now need to get the new fence up (the old one had to be torn down to get at the piping) and fix the wall in the laundry room that had to be torn apart to get at the piping for the bathroom.  So I'm glad that I didn't have to be home this weekend in that mess.  However, I find that the longer I am here the more depressed I get.  I hate being away from my family.  It does help alot when my friends come to visit (Thanks Abbey and Meghan) but w/ the kids and the animals, school and home repairs family hasn't been able to come to visit the last few times we have been here and I think that makes all of this even harder.  Well, I need to get back to my books, I have a final in the morning.  And then hopefully after that we'll be able to go home.  Please keep praying that he feels better throughout the night and the fevers go and stay away!

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket