Thursday, May 14, 2009

Update

Sorry I haven't posted before now, there hasn't been really any news from the docs and I wanted to post after I heard what organism it is.  According to the lab report it is E. Coli, which is what I was thinking, that is pretty common.  The upside is he is doing FANTASTIC!  Ativan apparently has the opposite affect on him as he was up literally ALL night playing on his DS.  But he has eaten a little today, and is unhooked from the IV b/c he is drinking as well.  He has been up out of bed playing and enjoying himself and has been fever free since 10 last night.  I even got him to take a bath yesterday after he got his blood, which was a good sign.  They are going to give him his Erwinia tomorrow instead, which sucks b/c tomorrow is his birthday.  Lets hope he doesn't have any problems w/ it.  Then he will get the next shot on Sunday so they are expecting us to at least be here until then I'm guessing.  Typical treatment for this is 14 days after the first negative culture (if last nights stays negative then we got that) but they will let us do his IV antibiotics at home, however we will have to be here for awhile regardless.  But at least he is feeling good.  They are going to have a cake for him tomorrow and his Daddy and a friend of his will be coming to visit.  I'll post pics when I get a chance.  Donavynn wants me to play with him for awhile so I'll update again later.  Please keep praying that his culture stays negative, if they can't get a negative one after 48 hrs of treatment they will have to replace his port.  :( Oh and BTW his platelets went up on their own.  His counts look like they are SLOWLY starting to recover.  

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket