Monday, January 19, 2009

Today's Clinic

Donavynn just finished his LP, and now he is getting his pentamadine.  I'm happy to say that he doesn't need blood this week, so we are really happy about that.  His ANC is 790 so he is neutropenic, but his hemoglobin was 10 and his platelets are 126 so all pretty good.  So we should be out of here in about an hour.  There was a big highlight to my day today.  I can't tolerate staying in the room for his LP so Rachael and I decided to go to the cafeteria, much to my surprise they were doing free registration for the National Bone Marrow Registry.  I've wanted to do that forever, but haven't had the extra money so this made my day.  I am now on the registry and so is Rachael.  I think that they should do this more often.  I'm sure that the cost prevents others from registering as well.  I am a huge advocate for this so if you are able do it!  You never know who you could end up helping.

He is really tired now, so he's napping while he finishes his med and then we'll be on our way home.  I post again when I have more time and more to say.

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket