Monday, September 8, 2008

A Day We Hoped Would Never Come

I am not sure how to begin this. Today has just taken us all by surprise. Donavynn's lumbar puncture was today. And he has relapsed in his spinal fluid. We go back Wednesday for a bone marrow biopsy and another lumbar puncture. His blood work was good and showed no blasts so we are hoping that it isn't in his marrow as well. But now we just wait. They believe that they have a protocol to follow that has been working so we are hoping that that will work for him too. We'll find out more Wednesday. Right now all I know is that the protocol is much like the one he was ... He will start over with induction etc and at a year will begin radiation therapy. Please send up prayers, we need them as I'm sure you all know relapses at this stage are not good. I think we are all just in shock at this moment. I can't begin to wrap my mind around this. I will post when we have time and update.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Keeping Donavynn in my prayers and you as well.

*Hugs*

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket