Monday, September 15, 2008

Drum Roll Please!!!

WE HAVE REMISSION IN HIS CSF!!!

I haven't been this happy in so long! The best part is that we now know it wasn't because the chemo stopped working, he just wasn't getting enough. When a relapse occurs that is usually why it is so bad because it means resistant cells. We praise God that that was not the case with Donavynn and continue to pray that he holds his healing hand on him throughout this battle that he is faced with.

He handled treatment today like an old pro and for the moment his counts are fabulous. We may have to find some fun stuff to do quick this week before they begin to fall.

They are going to keep him on the Dexamethasone because of it's ability to cross the blood brain barrier. So I asked Nancy if the bone issue happens can they fix it. And she said yes! They would have to take him off the Dex to do so, but the damage most likely would not be permanent. So that too was good news.

His courage and spirit amazes me! While we were waiting in the waiting room his doctor walked through and Donavynn cheered and said "WOW, DR. SHORE!" It was so cute! How many kids would be excited to see a doctor who has to do so many things that hurt him. But he understands that they do it to help him get better. I have found if we explain everything to him he understands and accepts it. Like this morning, he got up while I was in the process of eating breakfast. I told him that I was sorry and I had tried to eat before he got up because I know how hard it must be to not be able to eat and he said "It's ok, I can eat after treatment" What an amazing attitude. I don't think I would have been quite that understanding! lol

So that is about all for now. We start 28 days of steroids tonight so please keep us in your prayers, pray for sanity! lol

I thank everyone for the many prayers that have been sent up this past week, they are doing wonders, please keep sending them up! Ok, gotta study! Big test tomorrow. Have a great night!

Oh yeah, and his echo cardiogram was normal too! So his heart is still strong, lets pray that it stays that way! I have pics of today that I will get up asap.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I pray every night! Love to hear the good news!

jessi -from myspace!

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket