Thursday, September 11, 2008

Spinal Tap Results

Ok so his blast count on Wednesday in his spinal fluid was 1300 and yesterday it was 185! So the Methotrexate is working and hopefully the dose that he got yesterday will wipe out the rest of them! Unfortunately we still have to wait until tomorrow to get the bone marrow biopsy results but this was definatly good to hear. I just hate waiting. I'm not very patient when it comes to things like this.

The steroids are doing their work on him too. I know that they help and I know that is where his attitude is coming from so we are just taking it all in stride. He has been so cranky this week! lol With the "I don't like you's, I don't want you's," and crying at the drop of a hat. So we came to terms with that along time ago - when Donavynn is on steroids, Donavynn gets what Donavynn wants! lol He is resting right now, watching one of his favorite shows - The Wonder Pets. That is something else the steroids do - make it really hard for him to sleep at night and then he rests or sleeps a lot during the day. I was just happy that though yesterday was a steroid day he did so well. He was happy, and brave and did fantastic! He is a true inspiration! Thanks for the prayers and please keep sending them up. Tomorrow's posting probably won't be until late either because we don't have to be there until 2 but at least we will have the results and we will have our plan and then we can go from there. Once I have a plan I will feel better. I'm that kind of person - "Ok we have a problem, what do we do to fix it?" Gotta go wake Dave up and give him the good news. I just feel like a dink! I didn't listen to all my messages last night when we got home I just looked through the caller ID and there was a name I didn't recognize so I didn't worry about it. Then this morning I was looking through it again and it clicked! Duh, it was the doctor calling me from home! To let me know the results of the spinal tap so that we could get some rest. So I waited till this morning for something I had on my answering machine all night long!!! At least it was good news! Will update again when we have more news.

Please pray for:
Clean marrow results tomorrow
Continued improvement/remission in the CSF
The wisdom for the doctors to find the best plan for Donavynn
And that Donavynn is able to hold onto his strength and courage through all of this.

1 comment:

Jennifer Lehmann said...

So glad about the results so far....praying without ceasing!

~Jen (KCC)

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket