Friday, December 19, 2008

Family Update


I can't believe how fast December is slipping away, how fast the year has slipped away. Though I can't say that I'm sorry to see it go. It hasn't been a great one, something with even numbered years... I'll be more than happy to ring in 2009! With many hopes that things will be better and that Donavynn will stay healthy.

Cheyenne's dad was diagnosed with Burkitt's Lymphoma this past week and so we are sending up prayers for him as well. It's going to be a tough battle but he's strong and we have faith that he can do it!

Donavynn has his first LP since induction yesterday. We were expecting an awful ice storm in the morning so to be safe Donavynn and I went to the city and originally wanted to stay at Ronald McDonald house, however they have an 8 o'clock check in and we wouldn't make it so the social worker told me that the local hotels give a discount to families and so we got a hotel room across from the hospital the night before. But as our luck goes, the storm didn't hit till last night when we were leaving the hospital! lol But either way, Donavynn and I had a great night. Through all of the hardships there is a good thing in all of this, well there are many good things but the one is that Donavynn and I get to spend lots of quality time together, being silly and having fun. He didn't want to leave the hotel, he said "I don't wanna go to the hospital, I wanna stay in this bed, in my pajamas all day!" lol And you would think a 4 year old would be bored out of their mind in a hotel room, but not him, he played hide and seek, played the window sill like a piano, danced in front of the TV, pretended the one pillow was a log etc. He was having a ball! Here are some pictures of our fun stay!

So anyway, his LP went well, but he did end up needing a unit of blood, his hemoglobin was 7.7. His ANC was only 590 and likely will continue to drop (usually drops 7-10 days after Cytoxin). And his platelets were only 65, so that worries me, but I'm hoping that they'll be headed back up soon. Because of him needing blood and the fact that the storm waited for us to be on the road we didn't get home till 8 o'clock last night. But we made it home safe and sound and that is what matters. He is supposed to be admitted Christmas Eve for his next round of HD Methotrexate, but he has to have his counts checked Tuesday and if his ANC isn't 750 or above he can't be admitted. Which normally would suck because it would mean another delay but this time I wouldn't be overly upset as being in the hospital for Christmas will kinda suck. But we're prepared for it and it will be a great Christmas no matter where we spend it, because we will all be together! Here are some more pics...
This is Donavynn after his LP, Elizabeth from Child Life was reading to him during the procedure because I can't bear to stay in with him the one and only time I did was the day of his relapse so I won't be doing that again!

Child Life had a wagon full of presents and this Laughing Snoopy was one of the ones Donavynn got! He loves him!

On another note, school is over for the semester, I go back on January 13th. And I got a 3.81 GPA for the semester so as Rachael would say "Hooty Who!" I made Dean's List again!!! And that is about all for our family news. At least all I can think of right now when I'm half asleep. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and I'll update again when I find out where we'll be spending our holiday. Hope you enjoyed the pics!

1 comment:

Nickey said...

Sending our prayers for Cheyenne's Dad, and for Cheyenne as well. This must be an awful lot for such a beautiful little girl to endure. Love the pictures!!!

((((((BIG HUGS)))))) from IOwa!
~Nickey ASher

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket