Monday, December 29, 2008

Staying Home Again...

Well it has been a really long day. I didn't get back to sleep until 6 this morning and then I had to take him to get his counts checked. After that we had to hang at my moms because my dad and Dave were fixing the leak. They finally finished and Nancy finally called his ANC is only 425 and it needs to be at least 750 to start the next round of treatment. So we'll have his counts checked again next Wednesday and if all is well he'll be admitted next Thursday. He has been feeling great, very playful and happy. The upside is that we'll get to spend New Years Eve at home with friends. And Dr. Shore said that these delays are expected. I wasn't the least bit surprised because the Cytoxan usually drops the counts hard and they were still 500 last week so I figured that they'd probably drop some more. I don't have all his other counts yet, but his platelets are over 300, his total white count is 2,000ish and his ANC is 425, and those are the most important numbers.

So the upside of the household disaster is that they were able to get the leak fixed. Whoever put the piping in before did a half assed job so it was basically a water bomb waiting to explode! The other good thing is that though it is really wet and nasty there was no sign or smell of mold. So we just now need to get it all dryed out so that none grows and gut that mess as soon as we are financially able. So I am obviously still worried because you never know what you will find the more you tear out, it could be worse than we think it is. But hopefully all is well. I'm just grateful right now that Donavynn is feeling ok. He had a sore throat last night and a cough but he hasn't had any problems today. I'm praying that it stays that way. Ok I'm exhausted and I gotta get some stuff done aroud here so I'll go for now. Thanks for the prayers.

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket