Wednesday, June 25, 2008

An Answer???

Well we arrived here at 4 am, and yes, for some reason I am awake at 9. My mind won't stop working, so it makes it rather hard to sleep. The cultures are still negative and his counts are still dropping so they were able to get a stool sample this morning. They are testing for lots of stuff from C-diff to Rotavirus even for parasites. After all that he has gone through I won't be surprised if it is Rotavirus. It sounds a whole lot like it, and at this point that would be the best bet. So I guess that is what we are hoping to hear. He is sleeping right now, which is good. And as always has been very cooperative for the staff. He is such a good patient, even when he feels so awful. The one thing that always tells me he isn't feeling good is how he treats his sister and his cousin. When he doesn't feel well they can't do anything right. If they look at him he yells at them. lol

So we are unsure of how long we'll be here. I guess it all depends on that stool sample and his fever.

In other news, Cheyenne is worried about her brother. I have kept her informed of all the goings on with him. And though she is worried, I think we are both happy that she isn't here right now. These stays in the hospital are really hard on her too, because she hates to be away from me. It would be really great if one of these summers her dad would let her stay here and go to one of the camps they have for the siblings of cancer patients. I think it would be good for her. Speaking of camp, Donavynn may be going to Camp Hope next year. They usually have to be 6, but they said that they might be able to get him in. I don't know how I'll feel as the time gets closer but right now, I'm pretty excited for him. I know he'll be in good hands because the doctors and nurses from the clinic are all over up there, and they are monitored so closely. From what I hear all involved have a great time. So we'll see.

Well, I'm still waiting for someone to come in and talk to me this morning. Not sure when the doctors will be making their rounds. But as soon as I know something I'll let you all know.

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket