Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Heading to bed

I will be posting some pictures tomorrow. One of the aid's actually got a smile out of him tonight, and he has actually been in a pretty good mood since he woke up after sleeping the day away. He has still had a fever off and on today, better than it has been as far as amount, but the temp still gets up pretty high when he does spike. We can always tell that it's coming to because he starts to shiver.

His bottom is raw! I'm really worried about that too because the last thing he needs right now is a portal of entry for a bacterial infection. The resident came in and checked on it tonight and we are waiting for a special concoction to come up. Apparently they mix Aquaphor (which we LOVE) with Maalox and rub that on there. The Maalox helps to break up the acidic material, and fats etc so that it won't bother his skin so much and the Aquaphor serves to provide a barrier. I'm hoping that helps, cuz God knows the other stuff we have tried sure isn't. He is embarrassed because he is back in diapers for the time being. I have to constantly check him because sometimes he is too embarrassed to tell me. And other times he'll just apologize. I've explained to him many times that it is ok and there isn't anything he can do to prevent it. But that doesn't seem to be helping.

In other news, I did want to let you all know that I found a sunscreen that I can use on him, that (at this time) doesn't seem to bother his rash. It is Aveeno Baby, we love the Aveeno brand, infact that is the only soap we can use on him as well so I was thrilled to find that they had a sunscreen out as well. So I'm sure he'll be glad to get back out in the sun as soon as he gets over this awful bug!

I've been bored out of my mind so I've been coloring a lot today while he slept. lol I know I should be sleeping when he is, and I tried but sometimes that just didn't work.

They do a different craft up here everyday, usually it is done in the play room but because of the fever and such he isn't allowed out of the room so they brought it in here. He didn't want to do it today so he told me too. It was a cute little sun catcher. So arts and crafts have been my fun for the day. I'm hoping that he'll be more awake tomorrow so that we can play his fishing game and stuff. Maybe then he'll want to help with tomorrows craft. Well I'm finding myself rambling so I'll let you all go now. I'll update again tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers!

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket