Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Long Night

I took Donavynn and Derek to my friend Racheal's house last night, in hopes of them having a wonderful time playing with Connor and Trinity. All started out well and then right around dinner time Donavynn started complaining of a stomach ache and said that he wanted to go home, so we went home and I checked his temp. It was 101.2 so I called the nurse on call. Because his counts had been good Monday she told me to give him some Tylenol, hold his 6MP and call back if the fever comes back again. So that was what we did. Derek went home and I went to bed. Around 2 o'clock Dave woke me up - Donavynn was vomiting. And now his temp was back and up to 102.6 so I called the hospital and they sent us in. His ANC was 3100 so they sent us home. We'll have to wait and see if the cultures grow. But we are all hoping that it is a stomach virus. He has had the diarrhea for 8 days now and that seems to be getting better so I'm hoping that maybe the end of it is the worst and we'll be done with this soon and little D-man can get back to himself. I know he is tired of being sick and it breaks my heart to see him looking so sad. I'll keep you posted. If we end up at Mercy I'll be posting on the blogspot site.

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket