Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Doctors Just Left

"See my blue Gatorade tongue!"

Ok since the last post I got him to drink an additional 6 oz of Gatorade so a total of 12 oz! YEAH! The doctors said that his x-ray showed that the atelectasis is resolved so he just needs to keep playing with the pinwheel but they are D/Cing the Bipap. They said "Let's see how the next 24 hours goes, you are heading toward getting out of here." That was hopeful news, I think going home might help Donavynn feel a little better too, but I have been getting some good laughs out of him this morning. But when I mentioned possibly going home soon he clammed up again. I think he really misses home. :(

From what I have found the virus could have also contributed to the fever, so perhaps that was the source of the fever he had that started last Tuesday. Who knows.

I guess that is all for now, overall great improvments and hopefully they will continue and perhaps we'll be lucky enough to go home tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. That would be nice, we miss our own beds! lol Keep sending up those prayers! Thank You!

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket