Thursday, October 23, 2008

Finally Home

We are home, and Donavynn seems to be doing better just since we've been home. His stools have slowed down even more. And he's talking a little more as well. He also ate a little bit yesterday. I spoke to the NP yesterday about what I can do to help keep him healthy, such as vitamin C. She said she'd have to talk to pharmacy because there are some vitamins that will interact with the chemotherapy but she made some other recommendations that I should have thought of. Because she said his best bet is healthy eating, but half the time he won't even eat. So his new diet plan is Carnation Instant Breakfast. He'll get it at least in the morning and then if he hasn't had much to eat throughout the day, he'll get more at night. I also got a bottle of pediasure, just one, because I don't know if he'll like it. The hospital also gave us Resource juice, by Boost to have him try and if he likes it, then I can get him more. And then I am trying to get him to eat at least one yogurt a day to help him maintain his normal flora. So that is about it for now. We go back up to clinic tomorrow for his Erwinia, and his platelets were 40 yesterday so he may likely need platelets tomorrow as well. I will try to update again tomorrow after we get home, provided that all goes well with the Erwinia. I have to take his Epi-pen to every Erwinia visit, just in case. So please continue to pray that he continues to get better and that he doesn't have issues with any of the chemo's. And thanks for all the prayers thus far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys finally made it home. There is no place like home!!! Hoping and praying that Donavynn continues to get better, even if it is baby steps!! Loves and Hugs!!
~Angela

Jennifer Lehmann said...

Hey Serena - its late so I didn't want to text. :)

One of our other kids just ALL relapsed. Their plan is heavy chemo (not sure what) and a transplant...but you may want to chat with them.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jessedoseck

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket