Friday, October 17, 2008

One long night!

Ok sorry for the lack of updates yesterday, but until last night there really wasn't a whole lot to tell. About an hour into his Ara-C he spiked a fever. Which is a common side effect of the Ara-C, but they drew cultures and started antibiotics anyway just to be safe because he did have a fever a few days ago. The fever went up and down most of last night. And with it comes a headache, which Donavynn has been complaining of. He woke me up just now moaning in pain. This is probably one of the roughest stays we've had, not the roughest but it's up there. They have him on constant IV hydration so he literally had to pee every hour on the hour last night. We put a pull up on him just in case and at one point I think he just gave up and used it. This is really kicking his butt, and I can't wait to see my little man back! So the eye drops haven't been fun at all. He needs them every 3 hours and they alternate between a steroid (decadron) drops and saline drops. The sad thing is he has to have these every 3 hours around the clock until we go home, and then for 24 hours after we get home. He has been a trooper but eye drops are one thing that he has a hard time dealing with. And who can blame him, I'm not one for them either. So we are going to probably be sleeping through most of today if we can, because sleep was a distant dream last night! lol But we were blessed to have a visitor yesterday. Angela from Myspace, who I've been talking to for awhile lives pretty close to the hospital and asked if it would be ok if she swung in to say hi, which she did. And she brought Donavynn some pretty cool shirts! (I have pics I'll post later) She plans on coming back for another visit today. (Thank you Angela for taking the time to stop in and see us!) She got to see some of the Donavynn we know and love! I have video of him laughing, hysterically for no reason yesterday. It was the funniest thing! Hopefully we'll get to see more of that today. Time will tell, right now he isn't really having a fun time, or experiencing anything worth laughing about. With the fever he isn't allowed to leave the room until he has been fever free for 24 hours, so he wasn't able to take Spike for a walk! :( Which bummed him out. But now, I don't think he cares much. Please pray that he starts feeling better. He is so brave and so strong and it is so unfair that he has to endure so much. I'll try to update again when I am a little more awake. This may be a lot of incoherent mumbo-jumbo, because I'm half asleep at the moment. If so I apologize. Thanks for the prayers and support.

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket