Friday, October 17, 2008

Update Before Bed...

I am heading to bed soon, but I wanted to post an update first. The aid is in here now getting his vitals so I'll know in a second if he has another fever. And he does 102.6. I do feel a little better though that it is likely the Ara-C because he hasn't had a fever since this morning. And he finished the Ara-C 2 hours ago and now he has a fever. But to be safe they are going to draw more cultures. The other ones are still negative thankfully. He has slept away most of the day, the fevers have been really hard on him. We still aren't 100% sure if we are going home tomorrow or not, but my guess is it is pretty likely. He will get his last dose of Ara-C at 3am. The infusions run over 3 hours and then in the morning he will get his first dose of Erwinia. I learned today that he won't be starting the GCSF (immune booster) until AFTER he finishes the Erwinia. With the PEG it is one dose then they start the GCSF but because the Erwinia is 6 doses they won't start it until that is done. This is likely to make him at more risk of infection because he will likely be neutropenic longer. Please pray that he stays healthy. If we go home tomorrow we'll back up again on Monday for dose 2 of the Erwinia. Please also say a prayer that he will be back to his old self soon. The steroids should be about worn off soon, and hopefully once the Ara-C is done he will liven up a bit. The nurse is going to print me off some information about the Erwinia because that isn't one that is my drug book and info on the internet is limited. Once she does I will post the important parts for anyone who might be interested in the medication... like perhaps Grumpy. :) I love you dad, and you too mom. I don't know what we would do with out you guys! Looking back at my life it is hard to believe that we are were we are. Some days it seems like this is someone else's life I'm living. But I know that the trials make us stronger and God wanted me to have Donavynn for a reason. He has taught me so much! Especially since through it all he rarely complains. He is truly the strongest person I know, wise and strong beyond his years. He never puts up a fight when they give him his medicine, poke him, wake him up repeatedly to give him his eye drops or take his vital signs. He just lets them do what they have to do and thanks them when they are done. He has the patience of a saint! So every day, I strive to be more like him. I just hope to one day have half the strength and patience that he does. Warrior doesn't even seem like the right word anymore. It doesn't seem strong enough to describe him.

I would also like to give a brief update on my other little one, Cheyenne. She got a great progress report this week. She has made improvements in everything! No "needs improvement" this week, everything was either satisfactory or excellent! I'm so proud of you little girl! Keep up the good work. To be strong in all that you are facing is a true accomplishment. Keep your eyes on the prize and you will go far! And never forget that I am ALWAYS here for you.

That is all for now. Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket