Monday, October 6, 2008

Nancy Called...

We were mistaken, it is 6 doses of Erwinia to 1 dose of PEG, and that can't start until he has had his 2nd dose of high dose Ara-C. So it is going to be a rough month.

On another note, this is a prime example of how Mercy does what St. Jude does, just without advertising it! That amazes me!


*EDIT*
Talked to her again, He also gets GCSF during the next round. Which is something they don't usually give to leukemia patients because it boosts their WBC count. But they give it after the Ara-C because it is high dose and they are trying to prevent FNP (fever/neutropenia) stays, this will also help prevent infection. It is a sub-q injection that I will have to give him nightly for 7-10 days after the Ara-C, they will monitor his counts every couple of days and stop the injections after his ANC reaches 1500. I also learned that he will need eye drops to protect his eyes from the Ara-C during those rounds of treatmet. I'm a little freaked out right now! But just thought I would share the added knowledge that I have just learned.

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket