Friday, October 17, 2008

Finally Sleeping Soundly

His headache is finally gone, the doctor prescribed him some oxycodone because the tylenol just wasn't cutting it. And now is can sleep. When he does wake up he is very cooperative like he usually is, so I'm not sure if that is another sign that the steroids are working their way out or if it is a side effect of the pain killer. We are waiting for the doctors to round to find out what their plan is going to be if his fevers keep coming back. As I mentioned before it is a common side effect of the Ara-C, so if his cultures are still negative and he is doing well they might just send us home. But we'll see. I need to stop trying to predict how things will go for him because as soon as I assume something the opposite happens! lol Well I should go work on my paper while he is sleeping, so I'll update again when there is more to tell. Just wanted to let everyone know that he is resting now and has no more "owies" Thank God, I hated waking up hearing him moaning like that! :(

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Saying a prayer for little Donavynn! He is such a brave and strong little boy! Praying the cultures are negative!

Anonymous said...

Serena,
I'm glad to hear he is sleeping,and perhaps you should as well. I'm very proud of you and the way you are handling everything life is throwing at you, you are your mothers daughter. I love you both

Grumpy Dad

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket