Sunday, October 5, 2008

Heading into week 4/Last week of induction

We are going to be happy for our little man to be back off the steroids. His appetite is good, which is always a good side effect of the steroids. But he's so swollen now that most of his clothes don't fit and he seems to be even more uncomfortable. He has been sleeping good, and this has been the best week of the steroids I think. He has been in a pretty decent mood. He just gets really tired, really fast because being that swollen can make it hard to breath. He had a great weekend, he really enjoyed his friend Trinity's birthday party and had the best time at the movies. We highly recommend Beverly Hills Chihuahua. It was the perfect family weekend.

Donavynn woke up this morning and the first thing he said was "Do I have surgery tomorrow?" I don't know how he figured that out, how he got the days down. But thankfully we were lucky enough to get another morning clinic appointment so it won't be so long for him to go without eating. I believe that next week will be our first hospital party, I am pretty sure that week one of consolidation is an inpatient week so we'll see and I'll keep you posted on that. Hopefully we can make it really fun for him. I'll have to check out the squirrel tales website to see if I can find some other ideas on how to make it fun for him, but I'm pretty sure that he is going to thoroughly enjoy parading spike up and down the hallway, driving the nursing staff nuts! lol

Cheyenne's grades are coming back up thankfully, so I gave her the go ahead to go back to Volleyball. She needs that time for herself, to be with her friends. She just had a rough start to the year I think. But she has been asking for help with things that she doesn't understand and she has been bringing home nothing less than an 80 on every paper, so I think she is finally starting to get it. I know that all of this must be really hard on her. We are honest with her about everything but I'm sure she is still terrified, as we all are. But with every little step we all are getting better.

That is about all for now, I'll update again as soon as I have time after clinic tomorrow.

Please continue to pray that Donavynn continues to do well, that his body handles the treatment well, and that he stays in remission for good this time. Please also pray that his body stays free of infection as his counts are very likely to be very low very soon, if not this week.

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket