Friday, November 7, 2008

The Current Plan

Dr. Shore visited again today and I was able to talk to him about the G-CSF schedule. He said he is fine with starting it sooner, he said that they don't usually give that with a chemotherapy drug but if it might help than we can give it a shot. I'm just not sure how it will work as far as with counts... do we start it and then stop when they are ok, then start again when the Ara-C drops them? I'll have to look into that further I think.

They are very pleased with his progress. He has been off of IV fluids most of the day and has been drinking really good. He's picked at food here and there but nothing really worth talking too much about. However his bottom seems to be doing very well. So the plan as of right now is to shoot for a Wednesday discharge. They will likely start his next round of HD Ara-C on Monday provided he makes counts and if he does than we'll be going home on Wednesday. But we'll see, none of that is set in stone.

Donavynn's friend Kaeden is in the hospital now too, with a blood infection. :( Maybe you could say some prayers for them too.

That is about all for tonight, it has been a good day and he keeps improving. Thanks for all the prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Serena!
Sorry I haven't been in contact with you guys, school has got me busy I have 3 tests next week :(
Jayden and Lauren had their birthdays this last week, so I have been doing this and doing that. I feel bad, because I see that you guys are struggling, just to keep your sanity, and while you welcome visitors, I am being a bad friend :(
I promise I will try better this next week or 2. PLEASE know that you and your family is thought of often and prayed for nightly.
Stay strong!!
(((HUGS)))
Angela

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket