Friday, November 7, 2008

A Much Better Morning!!!

So the last few days it has been like pulling teeth to get a copy of his labs. Which is nerve racking, because I know that if they don't bring them right in, if they hem and haw about it than there is a problem. The problem has always been that there are still blasts. I have tried to explain to them that I am aware of this, and all it does by beating around the bush is make me more nervous. Apparently they finally got it because when I woke up this morning a copy of his labs were sitting on my laptop! And guess what! They dropped again, and this time by almost 400 instead of the 100 they have been dropping. So I feel much better! Now they are at 6%. People must have been praying along with me last night, thank you!

Nancy his APN (advanced practice nurse or nurse practitioner) stopped up last night because I needed someone to calm my nerves. I spoke to her about how another patient on the same protocol is getting the G-CSF after the first dose of Erwinia instead of the last and how that seems to have helped him spend less time in the hospital, so I asked her to talk to Dr. Shore and see what he thinks. If they have their reasons as to why it is after the last dose than ok, I just didn't feel that it could hurt to ask. She also took a peek at his bottom and she said that it looks pretty good. It looks like there is some granulation tissue there which means it is healing good.

The doctor was just in and she explained that they want him on at least 10 days of IV antibiotics (we are on day 8) and then they will see how his bottom is looking and decide if he needs another 4 days. That is our time line at this moment for going home. It is still pretty vague but better than before. I'll update more later. I just wanted to share the good morning that we've had with all of you!

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket