Saturday, November 1, 2008

An Uneventful Day

Today has been pretty quiet and mostly uneventful. He is still spiking temps, but he got his blood today and has some good color now. He has also been eating a little bit. He had a few bites of brownie, some potato chips and a crabby patty gummy candy. It isn't much but for him it is huge. He has been playing his DS all day. And still talking to us! I don't have any more results yet. We are still waiting on the biopsy, which I thought would have been done by now... but it is the weekend so who knows. I am going to ask the nurse to check again when she comes back. His stools seem to have slowed, he isn't oozing anymore and they aren't as watery, so hopefully that will continue to get better. He also hasn't had an upset stomach since yesterday morning I believe.
Dave let me get a break today! I got to leave the hospital for a little while, which was nice. I worried the entire time, but thankfully he has been doing much better so I felt a little bit better about leaving for awhile. And they did fine.

He is currently snacking on his potato chips now, maybe he'll even finish them off!

On another note, now that things seem to have settled a little I feel that I need to share news on our other special little one. She had her state testing done awhile ago, and we got the results to them. She is still behind in most everything, measuring between 2nd and 3rd grade, but on the listening test she scored 9th grade, 7th month! We are so proud. Her teacher thinks it is pretty likely that she simply got bored with the other tests, but we are still going to continue to work with her and help her out, because her grades have been steadily improving. We know she can do it, but we also know that she has a lot on her plate right now as well. She has been so brave and so strong as well, and we are so proud of her too!

I guess that is all for updates right now. I'll post again later if we get any news.

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket