Sunday, November 2, 2008

Donavynn Has Made A Decision

Ok, not sure if he will change his mind or not but he recently informed us that he now has decided he wants to shave his head. If he doesn't change his mind I'll be posting pictures and possibly a video later. I'm torn, the hair is getting everywhere and driving us nuts, but last time he only lost some and we were able to enjoy him having hair for longer than most. I'm guessing it won't be like that this time because he is on such higher doses of chemo. But it still breaks my heart to watch it go. However, I won't let him know that because he is excited about it!

He also just ate some more chips, which is good.

Lab results are as follows:
WBC 500
ANC 40
Platelets 164

These are great, platelets came back up all on their own, WBC count is up 400 from yesterday and ANC is no longer 0. He did have 4% blasts, and for those of you who don't know what that means, blasts are bad. However, because he is on the GCSF they said that sometimes happens and that 4% isn't anything to worry about, but they will keep an eye on it. The GCSF has the marrow working in overtime so sometimes those cells sneak out.

So, I started this blog before my parents arrived and I'm finishing it now, after they left. And it's done, his hair is gone! :( My mom left the room, she said she couldn't stay for that, and it killed me to be the one cutting it! I did most of it, and my dad finished it off. I got some video footage, but I'm not sure if I can upload it because it may not be the right type of file, because my video camera wasn't charged so I had to use my regular camera. But I'm going to try. I saved all the hair, and will be sending some to Grandma and Grandpa in NY. I can't believe it is gone! But he is happy about it. He keeps saying "I'm bald!"
Before

After, with Grumpy and Derek
My 3 Baldo's!



With Sissy

As you can see by the above photos he was feeling better today, he sat up in the chair for quite awhile. He is resting in bed now, but still talkative and playing. He has his DS and is enjoying his new game. But while the other kids were here he played with some toys with them and had a great time.



Derek has really missed Donavynn, he even woke up crying for him last night! :(


So anyway, still no major updates, other than that he is feeling good, and his counts are on the rise, so hopefully the fevers will go away soon. Although even when he is febrile you would never know, he was still talking to us earlier and playing his DS, as happy as can be with a fever of 105! Which was quite frightening! Hopefully that was the last one, but time will tell. I'll post again if I get the videos uploaded and google will let me post them. I can't watch google videos here either so I don't know if it will work but I'm sure going to try.

Please keep sending up the prayers, they are doing so much good! I have my boy back for the first time in a month or more! And we couldn't be happier. Now if we can just get him healthy and get out of here that would be even better!




4 comments:

Kassie said...

Your looking great little man.
Kassie from Team Snowflake

Anonymous said...

wow...his hair is gone...I don't even know what to say, other than bald is beautiful!!!
Stay strong little man...we are praying for you!!!!!
~Angela

Unknown said...

AWW check him out! Looks great =O)
Much love, hugs, & prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

Donavynn looks like an adorable kid...keep fighting!!!!

Wanted to stop by and invite you to join our childhood cancer awareness group.
www.curechildhoodcancer.ning.com

and/or sign our petition at:
www.thepetitionsite.com/1/curechildhoodcancer

Please help us spread the word.

Take care....
Kathi Clarke
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kelsiemckune

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket