Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sorry about the lack of updates, update

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted yet today. I left this morning for school and prior to that I was freaking out about leaving and had a little moment when I freaked out about his blood work. His blast count was up to 11%, scary! So the doctor came in and spoke to me and said that all of his other counts are good. His total white count is over 8000 and his ANC is 3500, so it more than tripled over night. They still think it is related to the G-CSF, which they are now stopping because his ANC is high enough. And they expect them to start going back down tomorrow. They said some people just recover really fast, which he did. Many kids are on it for more than a week before they go up. And when they recover that fast, that is likely to happen. She said they had one kid who did the same thing last week, his blast count was 25% and once he went off the G-CSF it was fine.

He also has a little puss drainage from his wound on his bottom, they will keep an eye on that and think it is likely just because he has a white count now, which you need to make puss.

He did get a fever again last night, but it was a different kind of fever. With the med he would chill hard before and then it would take hours to come down, it even got up to 105. Last night he didn't chill at all, said he felt hot and it was high so they gave him Tylenol and it went down really fast.

He is having a good day with daddy. His appetite has picked up and is doing well. I'll update more later if I get a chance, I have paperwork to do for school. I just wanted to let everyone know that he is doing good.

No comments:

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket