Sunday, November 2, 2008

Possible Reason for the Fever?

I spoke with the nurse a little while ago and she had a theory. She happened to look at his records and his fevers usually occur a couple hours after he finishes the variconazole (the antifungal medication - given over 2 hours). She thinks that it is possible that the drug is causing the fevers. I looked it up in my handy drug book, that I'm so glad I brought with me this time, and fever is a possible side effect. It isn't a common side effect, but it is a possible one. So that is a current thought. I'll let you know if it happens again after the med. I'm telling you, we got a very observant nurse! She is one of my fav's, sadly she is a traveler! :( But having been so, she has seen a lot (she only does pediatric hem/onc) so she has a little more knowledge then some others may. So anyway, I'll keep you posted on this little theory. Heading to bed soon, so I probably won't post again tonight. I hope everyone likes the changes I've made to the page. Let me know if anyone has any trouble reading the fonts due to their color. Have a great night, and thanks so much for the prayers!

1 comment:

Kassie said...

I like the new changes to the site. We are still praying and hope that you found some answers.
Kassie

Team Donavynn on Facebook
Photobucket